We are looking forward to working with you on your thesis project (in German or English)!
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to offer any open thesis topics. However, we still welcome your own ideas, especially if they are in scope of our research topics.
The goal of our group is to make software engineering as effective as possible. We develop programming languages and tools and concepts that aim at improving correctness, understandability, modularity, and maintainability.
What we expect from you
If you are interested in pursuing a thesis with our group, please send us an email with the following information:
- a brief description of the kind of work you are interested in (e.g. more theoretical, more practical, a programming task, ...)
- your level of knowledge of the theory or implementation of programming languages (if any)
- a current transcript of your grades
- potentially relevant skills you acquired outside of university
If you are potentially interested in a PhD after you finish your MSc, please also tell us.
What you can expect
- you conduct a review of recent research about a particular topic to learn about it,
- you write down a concise thesis proposal to outline the problem you intend the solve,
- you present the proposal to the research group,
- you apply the acquired knowledge to solve a highly specialized problem,
- you write up your findings to effectively communicate your results,
- you present your results to the research group
List of currently open thesis topicsThere are currently no available open thesis topics.
- reading about our research,
- looking through the list of our publications,
- visiting the website of our own programming language Effekt.